World View

A view to those out in the world into our life.

Thursday, November 04, 2004


Beach and Waves
Location: Puerto Escondido, Oaxaca, Mexico

The picture brings back warm memories as the season is growing colder. I like this time of year though. I was jogging yesterday evening when I caught the scent of wood being burned in someones fireplace. I thought to myself, "why don't we smell that all through the winter?" I seem to only recognize it during the first few cold days of the fall and then it is gone.

I am reading "the Practice of the Presence of God" by Brother Lawrence and wanted to share a little something from this mornings reading:
"We must, Brother Lawrence remarked, trust in God and surrender comlpletely to Him. He will not deceive us. Never tire of doing even the smallest things for Him, because He isn't impressed so much with the dimensions of our work as with the love in which it is done. And we should not be discouraged if we fail in the beginning. The practice would eventually cause our efforts to become a pleasurable habit that we would do without thinking."

I have to go to work. I hope that all I do in my job would "become a pleasurable habit that we would do without thinking."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home