World View

A view to those out in the world into our life.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

If you need a mechanic in Northwest Arkansas....

I recently had a GREAT experience with a mechanic in Springdale. The Tahoe wouldn't start the other day and I had to find somewhere to take it. The Tri City Automotive that I had previously used in Johnson had moved and no one could tell me where to find a good, trustworthy mechanic. My friend Jake Newell new of a guy in Springdale his workers had recommended, but he had never used him. So I took a chance and it turned out to be a great find.

I took it over to Alfa Auto Repair Thursday night after my friend Mark Wagner and I pulled it from Fayetteville. I got a call at noon telling me it was ready. I went to pay and found out the guy was from Guatemala and is a fellow believer. As I was filling out the paperwork, he said "97". I was thinking, that wasn't a bad price, as I was expecting this to cost me in the hundreds. I have him 5 $20's and he looked at me quizically and handed four of them back. I asked, "I thought you said it was $97". H e said, "I was saying your model was a '97. The price is $19.86".

I now have a new place I highly recommend. They didn't stiff me and probably could have charged more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home