World View

A view to those out in the world into our life.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Fever Pitch

OK, since I am coming off of my high of seeing one of the best pitching duals this year with Roger Clemens vs Mark Mulder, I couldn't help but wonder what was gonig on when I hear of this hilarious comedy with Drew Berrymore and Jimmy Fallon (thanks Jama). Drew Berrymore in a funny and clean movie about baseball? Not that I have seen all those movies she is in, but she is known for showing some skin.

Now I have to give Fallon credit for Band of Brothers first of all, then of course SNL. I hear that this movie is hilarious and pretty clean. Check out the trailer here to see for yourself. Here is a quote from someone who has seen the move:

"What I expected: A rather lame overly-stereotypical portrayal of a sports-mad guy and an equally lame stereotypical portrayal of the gal who likes him yet suffers while being second banana to his overly zealous support for his favorite sports team.

What I got: An even-handed story where both guy and gal end up admitting -- to themselves and each other -- that they each have passions in their lives yet each can forgive the other to save the love they share."


Sounds like this movie may even have some relevant life issues to use for group discussion? I think I am going to have to watch it afterall. Let me know what you think if you have seen it.

By the way....Cards all the way this year!!!!

6 Comments:

  • At 2:50 PM, Blogger Grant said…

    What I expected from JLo: a man who could lead Cindy to the good side of moviedom - ala Band of Brothers, Gladiator, Star Wars original.

    What I got: She's taking him to the dark side of chic-flic-dom...

    I'm praying for your soul...

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger jlo said…

    Did I mention I have not had sleep for almost 30 hours? I think you will watch it too!

     
  • At 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Grant- you assume too much. :-) i was introduced & thereafter became obsessed with band of brothers, gladiator, & star wars long before jlo entered the scene...and although i admit to being a citizen of chic-flic-dom, the only one i've made him watch was (predictably) the notebook...which he claimed to enjoy after i pointed out some deep spiritual analogies. all that to say, let's all go see fever pitch when we come to lr next!

     
  • At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    just fyi- "anonymous" up above means "cindy". if you couldn't figure it out from the context. guess it means i need to start blogging more when i can't even remember my own blog name and password.

     
  • At 8:12 AM, Blogger jlo said…

    I don't see how you can call a movie about baseball a chic-flic? It may have a love story in it, but it is about baseball for crying out loud. I did not consider this to be a chic-flic when I made this post. I think you need to watch it first then decide.

     
  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger Grant said…

    Nice reference to Star Wars, with comment.

    Me thinks he protests to much...

    hahahahaha....

    speaking of LR, aren't ya'll coming down this weekend?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home