World View

A view to those out in the world into our life.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Freedom

Opening Show, Baum Stadium


Baum Stadium


Fayetteville CC as seen from Mt. Sequoyah with a 300mm zoom


Some neighborhood kids fireworks with the moon in the background

Yesterday was a good day. I got to sleep in for some much needed rest. By Monday night, I had already put in 40 hours since 7am Saturday morning. I did work my first ER shift moonlighting, which went well.

So, how did Cindy and I celebrate our freedom? Glad you asked. We started off the day by sleeping in as I stated above. We then spent some time with the Lord and after that, went to the Farmers Market to buy some flowers. We took Suzie along with us which made the trip a little more difficult because she REALLY wants to play with all the other dogs. After that, we worked around the house getting a few honey-do's done.

The afternoon was spent playing Ultimate Frisbee and having a waterballoon fight with our community group, and cooking out afterwards. Kyla made some AWESOME homemade ice cream that my mouth is still watering over. We then proceded up to Mt. Sequoyah and found the perfect spot to watch the city's fireworks. I was a little disappointed in the Fayetteville show. It ended and I was thinking, "surely that wasn't the end". But, it was. I was, though, impressed with Fayetteville Country Club's display, seen from over 3 miles away.

All in all, it was a good day. Cindy asked the question, "How many people do you think really celebrated Freedom today?" I think this is a good question and something too many of us take for granted. I bet people in Afghanistan, Iraq, North Korea, Sudan, etc. would know what it means to celebrate freedom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home