World View

A view to those out in the world into our life.

Monday, July 02, 2007

Catch of the Day

Here is proof of Ronnie (jason's dad) and his latest catch. This is a whopping 15-lb. catfish caught on a weenie-baited yo-yo in DeQueen Lake. If you want to know what a weenie-baited yo-yo is, I can give you all the details. (and no, it's not my new nickname for jason) Ronnie said this one fish would be the equivalent of about $40 worth at the Catfish Hole. Unfortunately, catfish has been on the bottom of my list during pregnancy, so I just couldn't partake in the feast later that night. But props to Ronnie & Jason for their fishing skillz & strategic placement of their weenie-baited yo-yo's.
Jason thought he was being funny by taking a picture of my belly vs. the catfish belly. I was unaware of what was going on until I saw the way Ronnie was holding it, belly out. I think I've got that fish beat by a longshot. I would hope so, since the fish is not supposed to be pregnant.

More De Queen adventures to come...

5 Comments:

  • At 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dad and I were cracking up reading your BIG fish story! Thanks for the laughs!! Grammy K.

     
  • At 2:45 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 2:46 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    I'm still new on the Blog-scene, but being a fellow DeQueen person, I thought it only fitting to give a big WELCOME! Well, actually all us kids are gone now and only my folks are left there. But for David (just graduated from DQ, as a Send-off Party to the U of A, my Mom and Dad are having a big Fish fry on August 4th. We'd like to invite you both! Visit my cooking blog anytime: razorbackcookrus ! DeQueen's/Sonya's Amanda S.

     
  • At 3:03 PM, Blogger Polly said…

    cindy- hooray for a pregnant picture!!! i haven't got to 'see' you yet! ohhh, you're so beautiful!!

     
  • At 4:50 PM, Blogger Linds said…

    With the exception of the scrunched up face, you're a pretty cute prego :) Can't wait till she's born and you can post pics!!!! She'll be beautiful I am sure!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home