World View

A view to those out in the world into our life.

Monday, February 25, 2008

A Goose Hunting Index

All those little white things that are blocking the trees, those are geese taking flight.
 


 

 

Those are not little aliens, just more geese that were "just out of range"
 

My friend Matt McClure taking a break for a quick photo
 

Matt in his "costume" hiding from the geese
 

 


Proof that Matt's dad "Big George" took a nap. In case you are wondering, no we did not shoot him, just the position he assumed for his nap. And yes, he was snoring.
 
Posted by Picasa


Time on the clock when I woke up Saturday: 2 am
Time I was planning on waking up: 2:45 am
Reason I woke up at 2: didn't think I could actually get a good 45 minutes sleep
Time I met up with the hunting party: 3:30 am
Number of dead animals I hit with the car tire on the way to the meeting spot: 1
Type of dead animal hit: skunk, but the smell of it
Number of men hunting: 6
Number of decoys set out: too many, but something like 800
Number of geese in above photos: probably around 25,000
Number of geese seen on Saturday: well over 100,000
Number of shots fired by myself: 20
Number of geese shot: not sure, but probably like zero
Level of tiredness at the end of trip from 1-10: 20

Thanks to my friend Matt McClure I was able to go on this memorable trip. It was not an "epic" goose hunt, but fun was had by all. Goose hunting is definitely more work than I anticipated, but at the same time was mesmerizing by the sheer number of geese present at one spot.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Looks as if you had a good time and after all that is what is about.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home