World View

A view to those out in the world into our life.

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Fire in the Sky


"By day the LORD wen ahead of them in a pillar of cloud to guide them on their way and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, so that they could travel by day or night. Neither the pillar of cloud by day nor the pillar of fire by night left its place in front of the people" Exodus 13:21-22

I wonder how long it took the people of Israel to forget that this pillar of cloud by day was offering so much relief to them. Since God was so consistently there, they probably forgot how close he really was. This sometimes happens in medicine. Someone is on a medicine for so long they begin to think the medicine is not working because they don't feel different. It isn't until they come off of this medicine that they realize how much it is helping them.

I find that I do the same thing with God at times. I become some comfortable with His presence that I forget how much I need Him. I start losing my time in the morning more and more until I find I am a week behind in my reading. How do we do this with a God who is so loving and so gracious to us. If we only knew the scorching heat he was protecting us from we would run to him first thing every morning and cling to him until we fall asleep every night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home