World View

A view to those out in the world into our life.

Friday, July 22, 2005

Corporate Prayer


I was praying through the "Daily Prayer" written by John Eldridge and wanted to share part of it with you. You can find this at Ransomed Heart Ministries web site, click on Going Deeper, and then Daily Prayer which is on your right.

"Father, thank you for your angels. I summon them in the authority of Jesus Christ and release them to war for me and my household. May they guard me at all times this day. Thank you for those who pray for me; I confess I need their prayers, and I ask you to send forth your Spriit and rouse them, unite them, raising up the full canopy of prayer and intercession for me. I call forth the kingdom of the Lord jesus Christ this day throughout my hom, my family, my life, and my domain. I pray all of this in the name of Jesus Christ, with all glory and honor and thanks to him"

I don't think we ask each other to prayer for us enough. Also, we don't ask each other "how can I pray for you" enough. If our prayers are likened to a canopy to be raised, then how can we do it alone? Have you ever tried to put up a big canopy on your own? It is very hard to nearly impossible and definitely much more frustrating by yourself.

In the past I have felt a burden to pray for others and I did. It felt as if I was doing something to make a difference and I believe God hears our prayers and they do make a difference. I believe a tool of Satan is to make us forget all of those answered prayers in the past and to forget current prayer needs. I am trying to keep a running list of prayer request, which I used to do and stopped doing for some reason. I can't tell you how many times I told someone I would pray for him/her and forgot to do it. I was sincere about my offer to pray, but when it came time to pray I couldn't remember.

So, for all of you who read this (not that many), please let me know how I can pray for you. I have the following requests myself:
(1) Focus - I have a HUGE test coming up in two weeks. I need focus in studying for
it. Also, focus on God's word when I am reading it.
(2) Rest - I have not had a free weekend in a long time. Mission trips, work,
family, and a few other things have playe a part. Not complaining about
these things, but I have been unusually busy and seem to not be able to
do anything about it.
(3) Discipleship - I am leading a group of guys through a Band of Brothers bible
study. It brings back my realization of my desire and need to
disciple, which I am really not doing. At the same time, I
have a desire to be discipled as I have in the past.

Thanks and God bless you today

4 Comments:

  • At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have added your needs to my prayer list. You are a good Christian example. I know you are going through deep valleys. Thankfully, God is there also.
    Have you heard that song by Scott Krippayne that goes:

    "Sometimes He calms the storms
    with a whispered "Peace...be still." He can settle any sea
    but it doesn't mean He will.
    Sometimes He holds us close
    and lets the wind and waves go wild.
    Sometimes He calms the storm,
    Other times He calms His child"

    I am thankful to have made your acquaintance even though it is only via the web. God Bless. May you feel his arms when you are being held.

     
  • At 9:02 AM, Blogger jlo said…

    Thank you Lynette. I will be praying for you and your group while in Oaxaca. Tell everyone there we said hello. Don't forget to ask for a Licuado de Mango from Ernesto. It will be a treat.

    God Bless

     
  • At 6:56 AM, Blogger Wayne said…

    jlo -- Like you said on Grant's blog about wrestling with making God relevant in your everyday walk (especially work)...man, I need prayer in that as well. I'll pray for you.

    keep on

     
  • At 6:59 AM, Blogger jlo said…

    I will pray for you as well, Wayne. Thanks for your prayers.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home