World View

A view to those out in the world into our life.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Back in NWA

Although I am slow to post, I am back in God's Country, although one could make a good arguement for calling the land of Honduras God's Country. I guess in reallity it all is. This was my second trip to Honduras and it was just as I remembered it: extremely beautiful.

I was invited to go on this trip by Dr. Pete Ball who attends Johnson Church of Christ. We were joined by the North Street Church of Christ as well as 4 from Ohio and 3 from Florida as part of a campaign with Latin American Missions. We went to San Juan, Honduras which is nearest to Danli near the Nicaraguan border. San Juan was a small town set in the pine forrested hills of Honduras, although we were near the jungle region. It really reminded me a lot of Arkansas. While in San Juan, we set up medical clinics and treated approx. 2100 people in about 3 and 1/2 days. It was a lot of work but very enjoyable. Everyone worked hard to make sure things went well. Unfortunately, I left my camera at the Hotel in Tegu. It just so happens that the group that came in as we left is from Harrison, AR. I should get my camera and film this weekend or next week, hopefully. I will then attempt to post some photos.

I will post more later, but just wanted to give all of my 2 or 3 readers an opportunity to know what was going on in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home