World View

A view to those out in the world into our life.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Butterscotch

One thing I forgot to add that Lafe probably won't mention. His new nickname is "butterscotch", at least that is the new nickname I gave him. This is how it happened.

Most of us have some sort of snack/candy we REALLY like. On this trip, mine was the Philippine Brand Dried Mangoes that you can buy at Wal-Mart. I plan on taking a lot more to Honduras.

Anyway, Lafe brought several pounds of butterscotch and was always eating it. The reason he did not want to make but one trip up and down the mountain was because he had to protect his butterscotch. He was nice enough to offer to us, but this is where he gets his nickname. If you don't care for a butterscotch, he makes fun of you in front of everyone and calls you bad names in Spanish. I have nothing against butterscotch, but I was afraid to go to sleep one night because I did not accept Lafe's offer of a butterscotch candy.

So, if any of you are out and see Lafe, say "Hey butterscotch". He will probably throw one your way so be ready to eat it. If not, don't say I didn't warn you.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:15 PM, Blogger Lafe said…

    If anyone ever calls me butterscotch, I will slapjack their brisket, Philly Style. You probably don't know what that means, and truth be told, you don't want to know. Cause it is bad news, bro.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home