World View

A view to those out in the world into our life.

Friday, June 10, 2005

Oaxaca Episode IV

Still experiencing technical difficulties with posting pics. This has never happened before. I think it may be my computer running slow.

To experience the second day of clinic and pond building, click here. Once again, thanks Butterscotch, I mean Lafe.

Details I want to add:
(1) The clinic team went to a new Pueblo on this day called La Humedad. It was the first time the any mission team had gone there and they received a very warm welcome. This is exciting because we were helping reach and unreached region. One of the coolest things about this trip is that this is an area that is somewhat unreached. Yeah, the Catholic church exists there, but much idolitry and pagonism is mixed in with the religion. I am not saying that there are not disciples of Christ in the Catholic church, but many are lead astray. The priests there actually preach against a team like us coming to this area and threaten members of their own church if they invite us into their home. Now it seems to me that if they were truely Christians, they would gladly accept us. Paul speaks of shaking the dust of one's sandal if not accepted. Maybe this is what he was talking about.

(2) It was HOT on the hill (mountain). There was NO shade. The watermelon was awesome. I chose to work with the construction crew that day because I knew they needed some extra help and I wanted to sweat a little. I wound up sweating more than I expected and got a nice sunburn inspite of wearing sun screen.

(3) I took a shower by filling up an empty 5 gallon water bottle and turning it upside down with my hand over the opening. Worked pretty well for me.

(4) The rain cooled things down a lot. I actually got a little chilly that night.

(5) The group has now finished sharing their "story". I feel like this did a lot to bring us closer and I hope to do it with any future team or community group. It would be fun just to do that with a group of friends b/c I don't know everyone's story of how they came to know Christ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home