World View

A view to those out in the world into our life.

Friday, September 09, 2005

Deal of the Week

I got this in the mail from my credit card company:

"Spend $3,200 or more each month (from Sept. 1-Oct. 31) and you'll earn a 20 dollar Restaurant Gift Card"

Is something wrong with that? I showed it to my roommate and he asked me if it was a joke. That is such a bad offer I can't imagine what the idiots in the marketing department were thinking. Anyway, before I threw it away I thought I would share it with you.

I went to Siloam Springs last night to help with some of the hurricane victims (I have been informed that Oprah says it is no longer correct to call them "refugees". Why?) It is interesting that several of them told me they don't plan on moving back because the people here are "so nice". I wonder if some of these people ever really made it out of New Orleans to experience a different part of the world than what they grew up in. Most have no property to go back to, no piece of land to rebuild on. So why go back or what is there to go back to? I wonder if they will even rebuild "the projects".

It will be interestin to see what the future of NO holds. I am sure that many displaced people will be calling there temporary settings home before long.

Our community group is going back Sunday morning to help in whatever way we can and we are going to Mt. Sequoyah on Tuesday to cook dinner for the victims up there (along with the Miller/Kelley group). I really enjoyed my time yesterday and am looking forward to these next two events.

Gotta get ready for work. Go HOGS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home