World View

A view to those out in the world into our life.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Laptop Frenzy

Did you hear about this story. I heard on the radio this morning that some people were beaten with folding chairs....all for $50. What does that say about our society? It is sad that people would act this way just for a laptop that is not that up to speed. The report says, "one woman went so far as to wet herself rather than surrender her place in line". OK, not even animals wet themselves. At least my dog Suzie knows to go squat somewhere so that she does not get herself messy. Is this what the Bible means when it talks about a "depraved" mind.

2 Timothy 3:1-5
" 1But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them." I guess I should not be surprised.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:31 PM, Blogger Jaime said…

    interesting story. gracias. reminds me of my "only in a big city" story when i experienced public ridicule at a flu shot clinic in phoenix. it basically came down to... people tend to lose their perspective when they are focused on one earthy, non-essential something. flu shots, cheap laptops.

     
  • At 3:57 AM, Blogger brad said…

    Greed. One of Satan's best plans.

    I believe that this comment describes how the world views everything these days: "I took my chair here and I threw it over my shoulder and I went, 'Bam.' They were getting in front of me and I was there a lot earlier than them, so I thought that it was just,"

    Just, indeed ! Greed is a powerful thing. It reminds me off another story I read tonight about WalMart. One of their employees was in a terrible accident that left her w/ severe brain damage and crippled. Her health insurance benefit payed for the damages. Now the family has received a large sum of money from the law suit to cover her years and years worth of medical costs. WalMart is wanting all of the insurance money back now leaving her husband w/ very little of what's left. They are the world's largest retailer but that's not enough...

     
  • At 8:10 AM, Blogger Wayne said…

    For freaking 4 year old computers!!! Apples at that! What a sad sad commentary, but so true as to the heart condition of many people, and maybe even ourselves.

    Lord, examine my heart, try me, purge me!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home