World View

A view to those out in the world into our life.

Friday, August 12, 2005

Swimming Lesson



The Dog Days of summer are upon us, so what better time than now to take Suzie for her first real swim. I did drop her in the water at Lake Fayetteville off the dock, but she was smaller and I was not in the water. Today, I took her to Lake Weddington and got in myself. The water was warm, but cool enough to feel good. Suzie did really good after she settled down. She even retrieved a stick. I am going to work with her more on this. I had just as much fun in the water as she did coolnig off.

I just started reading this book which Grant gave me before I left for Fayetteville. I wish I had started reading it sooner, because I can tell from the first few pages it is going to be awesome and could really transform myself and, especially, my community group. Thanks bro.

I am on call tomorrow, so my weekend really last tonight, unless by some miracle I get to actually sleep on Sat. night. I am not counting on it, so Sunday day will be reserved for sleeping until it is time to meet with the prayer team and for chruch. I hear we are expecting close to 500 total people on Sunday with the students back. Not bad for a church that is only about 5 years old and has only been meeting in its current location for 2 years. We must be doing something right.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger Roger Hui said…

    What is the book about?

     
  • At 5:52 PM, Blogger jlo said…

    I have not finished it yet. It is about how many Christians have lost their "wonder" about God and have settled for knowing "just the facts". I will share some with you on Tuesday night.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home