World View

A view to those out in the world into our life.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

2.52, 2.65, 2.76

Those were the prices I saw in successive order between 7:30 am and 1:30 p.m. today at the same gas station. In less than 6 hours the price of gas went up almost 25 cents!
Luckily, I was almost full so I went ahead and topped it off in fear that it was going to go higher. I think I am going to start riding my bike.

Went to DQ this weekend with Cindy and got to see lots of my relatives. We met my aunt and uncle Kay and Roger from Atoka, OK at Mamaw and Papaw's for some waffles before going to Broken Bow Lake. There we enjoyed a wonderful time on the lake and going to an old island we used to go to when I was a kid. I got to introduce Cindy to how to make Indian Face paint with the slate rocks that are numerous on that lake. I have post some pictures below which are from the lake.

After a nap that afternoon, we went to Wright City, OK to have a nice BBQ dinner with my Nanney and Papa and my other aunt and uncle Marilyn and Ricky Don. It was good to see everybody, get some much needed rest, and eat some good food.

We discovered that Suzie LOVES the water. She wore herself out swimming, which was a good thing b/c she slept all the way back to Fayetteville. She is really a good car dog and is no problem to travel with at all. No dramamine or Benadryl needed to help her make the trip.

You can't beat the weather up here today. There is a nice breeze blowing and it doesn't feel bad at all with the windows up and the air blowing through. I am starting to look forward to fall and that first crisp wind that blows through town. I was hoping for some good rain this summer for a good fall photo op, but not sure how things are going to turn out since it has been so dry.

Just wanted to put up some pics from this weekend and say hello. Looking forward to seeing how the Hogs do this weekend. Unfortunately, I can't go b/c I have to work. My schedule got rearranged and I was not informed, so instead of being at work this past Sat. I was in Broken Bow, which means I get to cover this Sat. for the guy who helped cover this weekend in my absense. Not sure whose fault that one was. Was it mine for not knowing to look at the new schedule that I did not realize was a new schedule or for not being told that I was given an extra weekend not originally on the original schedule? Oh well, at least they are playing Missouri state and not someone else.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:51 PM, Blogger Lafe said…

    I will carpool with you...i sw a bunch of 2.99's this afternoon.

     
  • At 8:58 PM, Blogger jlo said…

    We could try to work something out...My schedule is anything but a schedule, though.

     
  • At 10:01 PM, Blogger Lafe said…

    like my schedule is normal.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home