World View

A view to those out in the world into our life.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

This is how my day started

12am Finally get in bed after working a 6 hour shift in the ER.
1230am Still not asleep. Change alarm from 5am to 6am.
0100am Finally fall asleep.
0600am Alarm goes off. Hit snooze.
0610am Alarm goes off again, role out of bed.
0745am Leave for work. Traffic is heavy.
0750am....This happens.


Girl pulls out in front of me trying to make a left across traffic. This is why you never turn across two lanes when you can't see who is coming in one of them. I wasn't hurt, at least not yet. Only a sore knee. Thank God for seatbelts.


My wheel is bent back some and is rubbing against the wheel well. Meesa thinks that is going to be hard to fix. Only a little "body" damage thanks to a tuff steel bumper. It too is bent back, as you can see.


Transmission fluid...that means I probably get a new or rebuilt transmission. Not going to be cheap either.

Thankfully, neither of us were hurt and the other party has State Farm insurance, which has been really good so far. I am now driving a Kia...not a Jeep but it does have a tradeoff....air conditioning.

If you have any advice for dealing with this stuff, I am all ears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home