World View

A view to those out in the world into our life.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

An Update

Sorry we haven't posted since the crash. The insurance company totaled the Jeep. I know it doesn't look like much from the pic, but the undercarriage took the brunt of the blow....transfer case torn, exhaust manifold ripped out of the engine, front axil bent. They gave me a fair offer so now I am looking for a vehicle. I want the vehicle below, a 4 door Jeep Wrangler, which has been my dream vehicle for a long time...yes, I dreamed this up and somehow Jeep stole my dream before I could cash in on it.

I am going to have to wait though for financial reasons, so I am looking for a midsize pickup, 4wd, preferably with 4 doors.
Something like the the Ford Eplorer Sport Trac or the
Nissan Frontier . I am leaning toward the Sport Trac, just not sure I can find it in my price range.

Do you remember this pic
, well Cindy is now rehabbing a torn Left ACL. We go back to the Orthopod next week to discuss whether or not she will have surgery. Be praying for wisdom for us on this, because she doesn't have to have surgery. Need to know the right thing to do.

I am now working nights and my body is trying to figure out when night and day is and how to sleep in small spurts. It is hard. You feel tired all the time. Thankfully it is only two weeks at a time.

USC vs Hogs in 1.5 weeks! I am not as confident as I was before Casey Dick hurt his back and McFadden hurt his toe. I hope the team is not feeling like me. I will still cook BBQ and call those hogs.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger jlo said…

    EY

    I am...these are mid-size trucks and not full size. I don't drive that far and when living in DeQueen, will probably be riding my bike to work on a daily basis. I feel naked driving down the road without a 4wd. You don't want me doing that, do you?

     
  • At 11:19 AM, Blogger Polly said…

    thanks for the comment jason! i am finally learning the art of not blabbing about everything on my blog-haha! sorry about your jeep, man, that stinks! good luck finding a new car--i agree with EY though, with the price of gas you almost want to get a car that gets at least 25 mpg- maybe those trucks do though...

    have fun climbing at the hper! it's really a great place to climb! you'll be suprised how quickly you get strong there!

    it's cool that cindy can sleep at the hospital! i never thought of that. i am so sorry about the night shifts though, at least you have a finite number- just make it to 2 weeks!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home