World View

A view to those out in the world into our life.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

You know you're married to a redneck when...

I have been meaning to share this story for awhile now, so since I just bought 2 of these yesterday to make salsa, it reminded me to blog this.

So a couple months ago, Jason & I were in the car and the subject of our salsa came up. He was asking about which types of tomatoes I'd been using, and before I could tell him, he said, "Is it those petit-diced ones?" (the humor in his comment to be explained in a minute) I just looked at him, trying to figure out if he was serious or not, and when I gathered that he was in fact serious, I cracked up laughing. He pronounced "petite" as you would when you say "Petit Jean ham". It didn't even dawn on him that he'd said anything wrong. But me being the vocab lover pointed it out immediately, so it's become one of our running jokes, and now I can't even pronounce it right!

So next time you pick up some petit-diced tomatoes, think of my redneck husband. :-) He's quite the character.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger Virginia said…

    That's so funny! Andrew says "chester drawers" instead of "chest of drawers" or "dresser"...makes me laugh every time. :)

     
  • At 1:02 PM, Blogger jlo said…

    Who's to say he isn't talking about drawers made by a guy named Chester? Wouldn't that make them "Chester Drawers". I say the same thing....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home