World View

A view to those out in the world into our life.

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

What I almost missed out on

 


So Cindy and I went to St. Louis this past weekend to see her friend Sarah Kitchen marry Phil Pierce. They had an lovely wedding and awesome reception at the Piper Palm House in Tower Grove Park. We stayed with Todd and Leah and Eli Warren. Thanks to the suggestion Aunt Peggy and Uncle Bill, we had one of the best hamburgers I have ever eaten at Michael's Bar and Grill in Maplewood.

So when I looked at the date a few months ago, I thought to myself, "this sure is close to opening day". Seeing as I have never been to an opening day game, I quickly looked things up on the world wide web and discovered that the Cards were playing the Rockies AT Busch Stadium the Monday after the wedding. Tickets were sold out and the fact that we are still living on a Dave Ramsey budget I figured there would be other chances. We couldn't get tickets anyway.

We get to Todd and Leah's house on Friday after a long car ride to St. Louis (6 hours and Oaklee didn't cry once!) and guess what Todd has? Those tickets above. You can't buy those things. Those are just box seat tickets, but "luxury suite" tickets. They are behind home plate. They have as much food and drink as you can handle..gratis. So what did I do? Did I cancel clinic and stay? As much as I wanted to, I didn't because I would have to cancel 2 days worth of clinic and I didn't want to do that to my patients. Also would have had to miss our church Fellowship with our family at HWF and we didn't want to miss it either.

All is good. Opening day was cancelled. As much as I hated missing opening day, I would have really been upset if I had cancelled my clinic only to stay up there and miss opening day. I do want to put my order in for next year, Todd. And maybe a road trip this summer or fall?
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

  • At 12:08 PM, Blogger Dan, Misty & Ashar said…

    This has nothing really to do with your post, but are you part of His Way Fellowship - a KC of C-WBN? My husband and I live in Spearfish SD and belong to TheSummit(part of PTWN - CWBN). We were praying for HWF last night (something to do with a building) and I ran across your blog and wondered if that is what you were referring to as your family/community. Anyways, nice to meet you! Your daugher is such a cutie!
    Misty
    www.journeyingsojourners.blogspot.com

     
  • At 4:49 PM, Blogger Dan, Misty & Ashar said…

    yeah! That's so fun! I have "met" some really awesome people through blogging, but never a fellow CWBNer. What fun! My husband wasn't in Dallas, but I'm sure he met our friends there, one of which (Brian Butler) my husband works with. Blogging makes the world smaller (as does the Kingdom!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home