World View

A view to those out in the world into our life.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Man vs. Wild: De Queen edition

Other than being one of our favorite TV shows, here is a pic of my own Man vs. wild with his latest pride & joy- an 8-point buck! No, he didn't wrestle the deer to the ground, as the picture would suggest. This pose was just to keep the 'innerds' from showing in the pic so that weak-stomached folk like myself wouldn't dry heave upon seeing it.

So what could make a wife prouder, you might ask? Well, nothing more than getting a phone call from one's hubby at 7am to inform me that he had just made 'the kill.' Now, life BEFORE Jason NEVER included deer meat of any kind. I'm a city girl, remember? But after some time passed and I got over the initial shock of putting 'wild game' in my mouth, I have grown to be quite a big fan of it. My favorite ways to eat deer meat are 1) Deer stew (which we had last week), 2) Deer bites (wrapped in bacon w/ a jalapeno slice & then barbequed to perfection), and 3) Fried deer, which tastes uncommonly like chicken fried steak. How do you like YOUR deer??? Way to go, dear, for truly bringing home the 'bacon' (in this case, deer bacon). You make me proud!
 
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

  • At 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice buck J. I'd send you a pic of mine but he pales in comparison. -wags

     
  • At 10:04 PM, Blogger Dan, Misty & Ashar said…

    So this name thing is driving me bonkers because when we talked in Arkansas and you told me that you knew the name, it was in a conversation where we were talking about the topic of identity. So now I am scouring my notes on macro components trying to figure out what it could be!
    On the topic of deer, the deer bites sound FABULOUS!! We usually eat them like chicken fried steak. Dan's fav!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home