World View

A view to those out in the world into our life.

Monday, January 24, 2005

Interesting Quote

I am not sure who originally said this, but I heard it on the way home from work this morning (yes, on the way HOME this AM).

"Christians are a lot like tea bags. When you put them in hot water you find out what they are made of."

As much as we hate the "hot waters" of life, it is these very times which build our character. James 1:12 says, "Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him".

I think one thing that will help us in our walk is recognizing what these "hot waters" are. If I know that I am either being tempted or under a trial, I know that I do not have strength to do this one my own and must rely even more on God and call to Him for strength.

I am also going to post this same post on my Community Group's new blog.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home