World View

A view to those out in the world into our life.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Things You Don't See Everyday, or Hear


I tried posting this earlier in the week, but for some odd reason it didn't post. Last weekend marked our 3rd trip to Blancard Springs for Caroling in the Caverns. If you have never been to this you are missing out. We now look forward to this now Christmas ttradition more than any others. James 2:10 speaks of everything bowing to Jesus, even tthings "under earth". Well I have never heard a more angelic sound 216 feet under the eearth as I have hear. Please take our advice and go next year. But buy your tickets by October to secure the date you want. Some pics below follow.


I don't know if this is a common site in 56, Arkansas (yes, the town's name is "56") but it was quite funny. This was outside the only cafe at 56. We were disappointed not once but twice with respect to cafes on this trip. The much anticipated chicken fried steak at the Sunset Cafe in Marshall was closed (just ask Grant how good it is). We decided to go back to 56 and have the chicken fried steak there only to find it was "all gone" that day. Seems like others had the same thing in mind.

These two trout were frolicking in the water just below the observation deck at the mouth of the spring at Blanchard Springs. Really made me wish I had a fishing pole or fly rod.

Bald Eagle taken just west of SOTO.
I know, I know, this is not the best image. But I couldn't get the eagle to fly any closer. This was the best I could do.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 8:32 PM, Blogger John Nelson said…

    The Sunset Cafe in Marshall is the bomb!!!

    We stopped there on our way to Little Rock from Branson 2 Christmases ago (right after the big snow storm hit Arkansas). We hung out there with some locals for a long while and enjoyed a lot of their great cooking.

    I've never heard of the caroling in the caverns, but it has to rock! (haha..get it? rock..cave)

     
  • At 9:55 PM, Blogger jlo said…

    It did rock...ha ha Nelson, that was funny. The group really "got down" in the cave. Ha Ha.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home