World View

A view to those out in the world into our life.

Friday, July 13, 2007

Man vs Wild

Just finished watching my new favorite show, Man vs. Wild. If you have not seen this show, you are missing out. I really love the outdoors and how God has provided ways for us to survive, if we know how. I learned to love this while in the Boy Scouts where I stayed long enough and worked hard enough to become an Eagle Scout. I have always enjoyed teaching people about the "secrets" of the forest. One really cool thing about the last two episodes is that I have been to both places, The Copper Canyon in Chihuahua, Mexico and the Cloud Forest in Ecuador.

I was looking at questions asked of Bear and came across this one:

Q. What do you always take with you?

A. Flint and striker, so I can light a fire however tough it gets — lifts my spirit always and has often saved my bacon! My Christian faith: high mountains and my time in the military taught me that it takes a proud man to say he needs nothing, and I need my faith. And, finally, a laminated picture of my family tucked inside my shoe.

Bear is indeed a fellow brother in Christ. I noticed on the show tonight that he mentioned a flower in the jungle was "God's extravagant" something... I told Cindy, "I think Bear might be a Christian". This just raised the bar even more.

New Episodes every Friday night at 8pm Central on the Discovery Channel.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 5:12 PM, Blogger Sonya said…

    Although Lee has seen this show before while travelling, I saw it for the first time while visiting my parents last week and thought it was really interesting. On the episode I saw he had to drink his own urine, eat a poisonous spider, catch and eat a snake, and be on the watch for crocodiles. Very interesting.

     
  • At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love this show. I have watched a few episodes. Bear is crazy!

     
  • At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes! I just started watching this show online. I read Bear's favorite books online and figured he was a Christian. When he swam across the alligator infested waters, it reminded me of when P. Joel took me fishing in a lagoon where he almost caught one. That night, we got on in the net but he got away! Hasta luego . . . Aaron

     

Post a Comment

<< Home