World View

A view to those out in the world into our life.

Thursday, November 20, 2008

7 Randoms

Awhile back, I was tagged by a friend to post 7 random facts about myself, and I never got around to doing it! But the past few days, I've been pondering this query and so I figured I'd go ahead and post while it was on my mind. So here goes, 7 random facts about Cindy:

1) Biggest pet peeve: TYPOES. (haha, I mean 'TYPOS'). Maybe I am destined to be an editor someday, but I ALWAYS notice typos and it drives me nuts when I can't change them! The most common typo I've seen is confusing "their, there and they're" or "two, to and too". A good chunk of people just don't know when or how to use contractions. What is the world coming to? Maybe I just had good English teachers growing up, or read too many Saddle Club books. :-) In any case, if you ever need help in this department, I offer you my services.

2) I just don't like wearing socks...unless they fit perfectly. I refuse to wear them to bed unless my feet are on the brink of hypothermia. I much prefer warm slippers around the house that don't require socks. But Smartwools are the exception, I suppose. Just wish they weren't so darn expensive!

3)I am really enjoying homemade hot chocolate & cheddar cheese rice cake snacks these days. (not at the same time) But this is liable to change tomorrow.

4)I take great pleasure in cleaning ear wax out of my ears & Oaklee's. Words can't express the satisfaction I feel. One of the perks of being married to a doctor is having an official 'ear cleaning kit' at home. If you ever need a good ear cleaning, give me a call!

5)Most essential piece of make-up: lip gloss. I own at least 7 different lip glosses, and keep them stashed in every bag & every room. Although last week I had to fast from my normal amount of lip gloss b/c I was having an allergic reaction to one of them. It was almost traumatic, but not really.

6)I also take great pleasure in cleaning out the lint trap of my dryer, but only with a used dryer sheet, NEVER with my hand. I guess it's a similar principle to the ear cleaning. I just like cleaning these things!

7)Anne of Green Gables is by far one of the best stories ever written. I recently watched Anne of Avonlea and was enchanted with it all over again (I watched the last scene about 5 x's in a row, you'll understand if you've seen it.) It is really brilliant & speaks to the heart of a woman more than most stories do. I can't wait to read it to Oaklee and "what's-her-name". :-)

Here's a parting pic to leave you with, since no post is complete without a pic! This is one of my recent faves.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger Wendi Cupp said…

    hehe...I agree with your first one for sure! The little mistakes drive me crazy...I guess that's the English teacher in me. Another bad one is messing up your and you're...AHHHH...can't stand it!

    Enjoy you're day! :) I can't even type it without it bugging me. Enjoy YOUR day, Cindy! Can't wait to meet "what's her name."

     
  • At 6:15 PM, Blogger Polly said…

    so this might be a little...shocking. but i have a friend who also loves to clean out her ears b/c of the way it feels and every time she does, we call it an "eargasm".

     

Post a Comment

<< Home