World View

A view to those out in the world into our life.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

small town, big boats

So Jason was in heaven last night, as he got to wakeboard on a REAL wakeboarding boat. His dad works with a guy named Ryan, who is our age, and just bought a SWEET w-boarding boat a couple months ago. He and his wife, Rachel, both went to Fayetteville for college, and have been living here for over a year. Also come to find out they own a male golden retriever, (aka- a potential suitor for Suzie next time we breed her). So we all went out on this beautiful boat last night for several hours on DQ Lake. Jason did awesome, minus a few faceplants. He also tried "wake-surfing", which I'm posting a pic of b/c it is so cool. You're right behind the boat on this surfboard, and once you get in the wake, you throw the rope and just ride the wake as long as you can. He picked it up within 1 try. It's pretty fun to watch. As for me, my wakeboarding days are on hold until next summer. I am content to take pictures and enjoy the lovely scenery, although I definitely was itching to do it last night since no one was on the lake & the boat was awesome. We are soooooooooooooo thankful to have a lake within 10 minutes, and now even more thankful to have met people with a kickin' boat. :-)


2 Comments:

  • At 9:32 PM, Blogger Lindsey said…

    Parker's comment when he saw your pictures, "Tio jump high". Looks like you had a lot of fun. We miss you guys.

     
  • At 5:07 PM, Blogger Stu said…

    Wow, now I have even more of a reason to come visit you guys. I've never wakeboarded but I hear it's super fun. Plus I'm a snowboarder so I hear that helps in picking it up.

    Anyway, here's a guess/suggestion for the girl's name: Mercedes Sophia Lofton (I went with something latina infused) I just can't wait till she's here!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home