World View

A view to those out in the world into our life.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

First Diaper

So we are up at about 230 and have been for about an hour. Cindy is trying to breast feed, which has been so so. She does not seem to be latching on well yet. I get the honors of changing the first diaper. I have had a good deal of experience from my med school days during the pediatrics nursery rotation and from the nursery during residency. We had a rule in the hospital nursery that if you find a dirty diaper, you get to clean it. I think all the nurses new we would be coming in around 7 and left the diapers for us. All that to say I can handle my own when it comes to diapers.

So, any breast feeding tips? You can email Cindy if you don't feel like leaving a comment on the blog. Her address is firstnamelastname@gmail.com (no spaces, no dots, no_) between Cindy and Lofton.

OK, back to sleep. Oh, by the way, the nurses put a cute bow in her hair and had her all cleaned up. I will post more pics when it is daylight.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:42 AM, Blogger Kelli said…

    Congratulations! This is Kelli Davis. I just wanted to encourage Cindy to keep trying! I too am up at 2:30 nursing! For me, it has taken over 3 weeks to really get things going good. Also, getting that good latch is oh so important to keep from damage.

     
  • At 6:24 AM, Blogger Jules said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 6:26 AM, Blogger Jules said…

    I have no knowledge about breast feeding, but I do have a question... When do you all get to go home to DeQueen? Curious, Jules

     
  • At 7:17 AM, Blogger DARLA said…

    Oh you guys!!! She is so beautiful. I got my phone call last night from Denise and could hardly wait to look at the pictures this morning. Get your buns to LR soon before she gets any bigger so we can all snuggle with that new little sweetie. Lots of love from us to all of your family....darla

     

Post a Comment

<< Home